The Complete Supervisor
Getting both new and experienced supervisors equipped with the research-based essentials for success.
The standard workshop is designed as a two-day workshop with follow-up practices for the workplace. The workshop concludes after one month of workplace practice with a 90-minute webinar.
New supervisor to seasoned leaders.
Vantage Path’s unique approach equips today’s supervisors and managers with research-based essentials for success. This highly participatory learning is designed to translate into the workplace through learning challenges that extend beyond the workshop dates, allowing for practical learning and behaviour changes to take place. This workshop provides a strong foundation for both new and experienced supervisors, responding to the following questions:
- Do I have the skills to supervise and manage others?
- How do I influence others?
- How do I create a sense of confidence in and motivate others?
Participants will develop capacity to
- Demonstrate research-based techniques for effectively managing people.
- Recognize and develop their role and relationships within the organization.
- Increase levels of employee engagement and production.
- Communicate effectively in challenging situations.
- Work smart with increased resilience.
Organizations will benefit with
- Increased productivity – increased bottom-line results.
- Improved retention and engagement of employees.
- Supervisors and Managers who understand and know how to effectively drive the business forward.
- An environment that supports innovation and productivity.
- Improved commitment and alignment.
The course is rolled out over five modules. Participants will be engaged in a learning community to explore the topics through thought-provoking presentations, skill developing real-life practice scenarios, collaborative exercises, case study challenges, personal coaching, action projects integrated into workplace.
Making the Move
- Challenges of Management
- Defining your leadership style / brand
- Autocratic vs. Collaborative Decision Making
- Urgent & Important
Resilience and Stress Management
- Managing in the middle
- Practices for health and energy
Building Effective Relationships
- Working across the organization with Impact and Influence
- Building employee relationships
- Full cycle communications
- Styles of communication
- Feedback and Difficult conversatio